A new update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge users has been rolled out in India and probably in other countries as well with Exynos chipset. The update is 164.98MB in size and is available for G935FXXU1APBH / G935FODD1APBA / G935FXXU1APBF models that will update the system version to G935FXXU1APD1 / G935FODD1APD1 / G935FXXU1APD1 respectively. You can get this update by checking in Settings > About device > Download updates manually. If you are still not able to get the update, then you will have to wait for few more days or even weeks.
Please make sure that before updating you have at least 60% battery and an unlimited data plan, as the OTA update is 165MB in size. Though this update will not affect any files or data on the device, it is always recommended that you backup your important data before updating. The changelogs for this OTA update are listed below.
This update includes improvements to functions and bug fixes as listed below. The exact changes may differ depending on your device model, country and service provider.
- Camera Improvements: A function is added to correct the minor distortion that is a characteristic of wide-angle lenses. The functionality is provided as an option in camera. The over saturation of yellow that may occur in pictures taken in low light conditions has been resolved.
- Haptic vibration improvements.
- New Features Added: The Mobile Print plugin has been added. The CNN News Edge Panel (for US, Canada, Australia, Singapore, India, South Africa, and the Philippines) has been added.
- Other bug fixes:
- Invalid input that sometimes resulted when lifting a finger off the screen after touch-scrolling has been resolved.
- Invalid repetition of recent key input has been resolved.
- An unscheduled rebooting error has been resolved.
- A network reconnecting error has been resolved.
- Data connection failures in running apps when Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are connected at the same time has been resolved.
- The stopping of music played via a music streaming app when the user uses social media has been resolved.
- Compass power consumption has been improved.
It will take around 5 minutes to complete the update, and the system may take few more minutes to boot as the process for optimising Android application will also occur. After everything is successful, you will be prompted with a pop up window stating that “The device has been updated”.
To get more information about Samsung S7 Edge firmware updates, stay tuned with us.