The recently launched Moto G 3rd Gen (2015) has already been available in many countries, especially in India, which is the largest consumer of this device. The 2nd generation of Moto G has already created many records in India, like it is the only phone with such number of high sales via online portals. If you are planning to have this device, or already already have bought this phone, then the process of unlocking bootloader and rooting your Moto G 3rd Gen is provided below.
Please proceed this with your own risk. Unlocking the bootloader and rooting the phone will void your phone’s warranty.
Root Moto G 3rd Gen 2015
- Make sure you have more than 50% of battery in your phone. Backup all your data. Also enable USB Debugging in Developers options.
- In the very first step, you need to unlock your Moto G Bootloader. Luckily, Motorola has provided the complete official guide in their website on how to unlock your bootloader. Please refer to this link and unlock your bootloader.
- Please make sure that you have all the drivers installed correctly including ADB and Fastboot.
- Now download the TWRP recovery for Moto G 3rd generation from here and place the file in your Fastboot folder and rename it to twrp.img.
- Now open command prompt in that folder and execute the following command.
- fastboot boot twrp.img
- This will install TWRP in Moto G 3rd gen.
- Now download SuperSU file from this link and place it in your phone.
- Now boot to TWRP recovery mode and install the zip file downloaded above.
- Reboot your phone. You have successfully rooted your Moto G 3rd generation phone.
Feel free to ask your queries below in the comment section, we are happy to help you.