Many of you must have got your Moto X Style (Pure) by now and are thinking to root it to get the most out of it. So we are here to assist you on how to unlock your Moto X Style bootloader, install TWRP and then how to root it.
***Please note that rooting your phone will void your warranty, so proceed with your own risk.
Requirements before proceeding
- Charge your phone up to 60%.
- Backup all your data, contacts, messages, etc.
Unlock Moto X Style Bootloader
- To start with, first of all enable USB Debugging in your phone. Go to Settings > About Phone and then tap 7 times on Build number. This will enable “Developer Options”. Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging
- Install the Android SDK. Download here
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop. Download here.
- Now visit this link (you need to register with Motorola) which provide the complete guide to unlock your bootloader, the guide is provided by Motorola itself. After unlocking your Bootloader continue with the steps provided below to install TWRP.
Install TWRP in Moto X Style
- Download the recovery image file from here. (33.30 MB in size)
- Please make sure that you already have installed Android SDK and Motorola USB Drivers in first step.
- Place the downloaded recovery image file in your Fastboot Folder.
- Connect your phone to computer.
- Open command prompt and execute the following command.
- fastboot flash recovery motox_pure_recovery_betanews.img
- fastboot boot motox_pure_recovery_betanews.img
- After the process is completed, TWRP will get installed in your Moto X Style.
Root Moto X Style (Pure)
- Download SuperSU from this link. (thanks to Chainfire)
- Place the above downloaded SuperSU zip file in your phone.
- Reboot your phone to TWRP recovery.
- Click Install in TWRP recovery and browse to the SuperSU zip file that you placed in your phone.
- After successful installation reboot your phone.
- Congratulations, you have successfully rooted you Moto X Style (Pure)
If you have any query related to rooting Moto X Style, just comment below, we will be happy to help you. For more updates on Moto X Style, stay tuned with us.