Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P are the latest Nexus devices from Google. The developers are working very hard to develop custom ROMs for the new devices, therefore, a developer from XDA “Lexmazter” has created a tool for Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P that can easily unlock the bootloader of Nexus devices. Unlocking bootloader is required prior to flash custom recovery and rooting the device.
To root Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P you need to unlock the bootloader. Therefore this tool will come handy and you can easily perform the task with few clicks. Lexmazter has created a tool that can unlock and lock the bootloader, backup the device via ADB and can sideload the files. It can also flash a custom recovery, but as of now no custom recovery is available for new Nexus devices therefore this feature will not work as of now.
Download the Nexus Toolkit from the links below:
- Unlock bootloader.
- Relock bootloader.
- Flash custom recovery
- Make logfiles – logcat/dmesg.
- Backup and Restore.
- Sideload zip files.
- Fancy reboot your device
How To Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 5X and 6P
- Download the respective toolkit file mentioned above.
- Extract the zip file in your Desktop or any other place.
- Now run “5XMultiTool v0.1.bat” or “6PMultiTool v0.1.bat” as per your downloaded toolkit and device.
- You may get warning while opening the file, just click “Run Anyway” or any other option that pop ups.
- This will open a command prompt window with many options.
- Type 1 and press enter to unlock your bootloader.
- Sit back and let the application do the task.
- Within minute your device bootloader will get unlocked.